Straightening your hair may be a complicated exercise especially if you are using straighteners. This is because straighteners can easily burn the hair. Thus, it is important for one to learn and master the natural methods to use to straighten it. This article gives you tips and the procedure to follow if you are looking forward to straightening your hair without spending a lot of money.
There are many lovely ladies with curly hair but who admire their friends with straight hair. Similarly, I have come across a number of ladies with wavy hair but who always wish that they had straight hair. For those who want to have their hair straightened, they have two options; visiting a professional stylist who will apply harsh chemicals and charge a substantial amount of money or straighten their hair on their own using natural methods.
If you choose to straighten the hair at home, you will need the following items:
- Wide tooth comb
- Straightening balm/cream
- Big round brush
- Straightening shampoo
- Hair dryer
- Hair clip
- Silicone-based hair shine
Once you have assembled these items, do the following steps:
1. Wash the hair with straightening shampoo and conditioner. Use the wide tooth comb to detangle wet hair. After ensuring that the hair has been detangled, you need to apply straightening balm . The balm should be put at the roots and at the ends of the hair. It should then be combed through.
The best way to do this is to divide it into several layered sections. Three layers can be appropriate but better results can be obtained if it is divided into more layers especially if your hair is long. If it is short, three or four layers can work. The bottom layer should be left while the rest should be twisted and clipped at the top.
2. You can then start by blow-drying the first layer and using the round brush to pull the hair from the root to the end. You may use the dryer on high heat to pull it down. You may also use some fluid as you turn it around. This procedure should be repeated until the hair is completely dry.
3. Divide the hair into several layers once more and leave the bottom layer as you clip the rest of the hair at the top of the head. Using the ceramic flat iron, press it firmly and pull it through the hair fluid. This should be done for all the layers including the one that is not clipped.
4. Apply a small amount of silicone based shine product and spray it or gel it to give the hair a sleek finish.
There are several tips to use to get better results. Some of the most important ones are:
- Spraying 1/3 cup of milk on the hair
- Combing through it and letting it to sit for 20 minutes before washing it.
- If you have no time to blow dry it, you may opt to apply the straightening balm as you pull the hair back using ponytail holders. The ponytail holders can be removed once you are certain that the hair is dry. Although the ponytails will make your hair a little bit wavy. It will be straighter than it was.
- When you opt to use wet to dry straightening products, ensure that you control the heat because using the hottest settings can burn your hair.
In summary, you can start straightening your hair by adhering to the following procedure:
- Start by taking a shower
- Tie the hair while it is still wet; don’t let it to dry up
- Use bobby pins to secure the hair because if the hair is left to fall out you won’t get the desired results.
- Brush the hair to remove all the tangles
- Loop the hair around the pony tail. The bans should be tied apart at about three inches depending on the length of the hair
- Tie the bands up to the end of the of the pony tail
- If you are in a hurry you can use a dryer to dry it out
- Once the hair is dry remove all the bands
- Brush through the hair until it is completely dry